Beverage VC Distillation
We deliver systems that produce distilled and high-purity drinking water for some of the most trusted names in the industry. From pretreatment to vapor compression and reverse osmosis, Aqua-Chem leads the way in water, with experience, insight and state-of-the-art solutions.
Compressors - Low-speed, direct drive compressors are offered on all units 2,500 gph and above. High-speed compressors on smaller units use high-speed journal bearings for maximum life.
Evaporator - The evaporator features a horizontal design using the Spray-Film® process. It has a straight tube or U-tube configuration depending on size, a tube bundle life of 25-30 years – and no large gaskets requiring routine maintenance.
Heat Source - The vapor compression process uses its own compressed steam as its primary heat source, resulting in vastly improved efficiency.
Materials of Construction - Standard materials are corrosion-resistant 304 and 316 stainless steel.
Automation - Stills are designed to operate automatically; stopping and starting based on level signals from distillate tanks. A programmable logic controller (PLC) and human machine interface (HMI) are standard on distillers.
Deaerator - A 316L SST deaerator removes carbon dioxide, oxygen and other noncondensable gases from the feedwater or distillate.
- Spray-Film vapor compression distillation units produce consistent, reliable, high-purity water regardless of feedwater quality fluctuations.
- This is the only process that removes all known viruses or bacteria 100 percent of the time.
- Patented Spray-Film evaporator design provides improved wetting of the tube bundle and reduced scaling. This means less downtime for cleaning and reduced blowdown for less water waste.
- Spray-Film design includes built-in on-line cleaning for removing scale, reducing maintenance costs and increasing operating life.
- Provides improved safety and ease of maintenance to extend operating life. All major components are accessible from floor level, with the compressor and pumps located at the edge of the skid for easy serviceability.
- Higher capacity distillers (2,500 to 7,200 U.S. gph) use low-speed compressors (< 6,000 rpm) for greatly increased reliability, significantly reduced maintenance costs and longer life.
- Proven technology ensures superior TOC and THM removal with minimal pretreatment.
This table includes our standard units; additional capacities and dimensional configurations are available upon request.